Saturday, November 1, 2008

When I am tired and cranky I need to be absent from the computer. The online environment is difficult to negotiate when there is no body language or voice to work with. It is far too easy for misunderstandings to occur.

I am playing with what I call 'my baby computer'. I bought myself an Eee PC. It is very cute. Only negative is that I keep bumping the caps lock button when using the shift key, but I will get used to it.

I am completely over flat pack furniture. This is furniture that comes in a box that you build yourself. I bought a houseful of it and have spent the last week building the damn stuff. The last thing left is a dvd rack, then no more I tell you! No more!!! But it is lovely to have new stuff, especially since I have bought second hand all my life.

My last big splurge was a new 32" LCD tv. It fits in my entertainment unit beautifully and the picture looks good. Now I am done with buying for my house and can finish unpacking and settling in. It is coming together slowly, mostly because I have to fit it in around working and kids. X has the kids for a few hours tomorrow so I should be able to get some uninterrupted major unpacking done.

Big GRRRR. I got an Nokia N95 recently, and, while out on a family date on Thursday with D, it got stolen (my stupidity, I left it in the car, head was in another place completely). So while I had a wonderful date, when I got back to my car I saw that it was unlocked and that my glovebox and centre console had been gone through. The only thing missing was the phone, because that was the only thing of any value in the vehicle. The loss got me very upset, but my date calmed me down and reminded me that if I had insurance there was no problem. Well, thank god I actually did opt for insurance on this phone. Never have before, but decided this phone was worth the extra expense. Phew. So I spent yesterday on the phone with police, filing a report, and my mobile insurance dept. The matter isn't completely resolved yet, but will be shortly and I will receive a new phone in the next week or so. An added expense is that the thief stuffed the lock on my car, so I now have an appointment to get the lock replaced next week. Lucky I have money saved, but it is going to disappear fast if crap like this keeps happening.

Well, as I mentioned, D and I had a family date recently. He made a good impression on the kids (they both wanted to know when he was going to visit again), and he seemed to like them too. I am looking forward to seeing him again, and hope to meet his son in a couple of weeks. We had a great night talking and kissing, lol.

Haven't had time to read this week, I will start getting withdrawals soon, lol. It is the first time in a looooong time where I have gone a week without picking up a book.



No comments: