Thursday, November 20, 2008

so it is time to step back and review

It has been about 5 weeks since D and I met. Things have progressed nicely. I feel that I have made it a little too easy for him though, and so I have decided to take a step back. I will do this by
  • Letting him get in touch with me
  • Not carrying my phone around with me everywhere in case he texts me
  • When we talk on the phone I won't spend an hour talking to him, half an hour max is fine
  • I won't skip my dance class again if he visits on a Thursday, missing one lesson has thrown me completely!
  • I will make my kids the priority, if I have them on the weekend.
  • I won't get on msn till after 9pm on weeknights, and I will be off by 11pm.
You may wonder what the point of this is, but really, before he came along I was a newly single woman enjoying my life, then I landed in a very head spinning interaction with a wonderful man. The head spins have slowed and I am ready to move on, not in the sense of breaking up, but in the sense of reclaiming the life I was beginning to create before D, and one that can include him if he wants to be there.

So now I shall sit back and see what happens. If he doesn't come forward then I will know that he has made a decision of some sort that sees him deciding that maybe what we have isn't going to last the distance (literally and figuratively, lol). It is ok. It will hurt, but I will be ok, and I will have learnt a good lesson.

No comments: