Friday, November 21, 2008

Following on from yesterday

So to update you further...
D hasn't really been in touch much the last couple of days, that is ok, and is part of what prompted me to step back. Well, yesterday I had sent him just one text, it said
'Thanks to you I now have some awesome new music on my mp3'

That is it, that is all I sent all day. This was actually really hard for me, lol. Other than that, I ignored my phone. When I was online last night, he came on at some stage, but as 'away' (when you are online but away you can still be contacted, but the person may not reply within a few minutes), well, I ignored it, kept doing what I was doing and logged off myself at 11pm.

At 12am (this is normal and ok with me, I am usually awake) he sent me a text saying
'I'm sorry for not messaging you much lately, these shifts have been really terrible. Can't wait for them to be over'.

I sent my reply a few hours later(I woke up in the middle of the night and checked the time on my phone, saw he had left a message), I replied
'I am sorry these last few days/nights have been tough for you'

That is it. I wanted to write more and I mused over what to write for a while, writing something, then deleting it, and finally deciding to leave it as simple and nonchalant as possible.

At 6.30am he wrote
'Hope you have a good day babe'

I waited ten minutes (I couldn't hold out much longer, lol) and wrote
'Thanks hun. You too'

Then I couldn't resist and an hour later sent him a photo of me ready for work sitting in the car, lol. I titled it 'hi ho hi ho, it's off to work I go'.

I did not expect a reply for that one, and haven't heard from him so far today. I have made plans with the kids for the weekend, and plans for next Friday with one of my friends (we are going out drinking, lol). I am working next Saturday. He may visit me next weekend, I will wait and see.

I am reclaimng my life again, lol. I feel good about this.

No comments: