Monday, November 3, 2008

tired

yeh, just a bit wiped out. Was up till about 1.30am, fiddling with the computer, downloading music and then listening to it. I am loving Lifehouse right now. It really gets to me.

Music speaks to my soul. Some songs just strike a chord, lol and I find myself listening to them over and over until I know all the words. I imagine different scenarios to go with music sometimes.

For example, if I can ever be convinced to walk down the aisle again, it will be to Pachabel's Canon. I didn't have music at all at my wedding. My first dance with my new husband will be to Lifehouse's 'Everything' (providing the lucky man is capable of dancing, lol, the last one wasn't, so I have never danced a first dance). Another example is the music I would have played at my funeral. At least one song would by Linkin Park's 'What I've Done', another would be 'She's Every Woman' by Garth Brooks. Might have to throw in something form the Priscilla Queen of the Desert soundtrack just for fun. Or maybe Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, LOL.

I think about stuff like this when I am driving. I retreat in to myself and my imagination runs away with me.

On a completely different note...
why is it so goddamn hard for people to use their blinkers? I was driving behind a woman today who kept bouncing on and off her brakes, and had no idea where the blinker was. Grrrrrr

My eldest son is getting detentions at the moment, for not completing work, not participating, being disruptive, that sort of thing. Is this the change? Is he becoming 'evil teen'? Or is he more affected by the move than I expected? He has a tendency to blame his mates for any disruptiveness that he gets blamed for, and so I give him the talk about taking responsibility for your own behaviour, blah blah blah. That's about how much notice he seems to take too. sigh...

I am cooking dinner while I blog. I miss my gas stove. I am using an electric stove again, the back right element doesn't work at all, and the back left only works on high. I tend to use back elements because of the kids, safety first and all that, lol, so it is annoying me that I can't really use these elements at the moment. Ah well.

No comments: