Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Don't see much of X these days, just at drop off and pick up. He is being pleasant. He actually asked me when he could meet D, I told him this weekend, but things have changed and it will be another day.

I wrote and sent an email to myself from work yesterday, but it didn't turn up, lol. Basically I was chucking a little wobbly because D had texted to say he didn't have the money to come down this coming weekend, and I was a little pissed about it. So I gave him a bit of the silent treatment for a couple of hours (I was at work after all), then talked to him later about how disappointed I was. He struggles to manage his money, made worse by the fact that his pays change depending on his roster, so did not leave himself enough this fortnight to cover all his expenses, plus a couple of extras that popped up unexpectedly. But we discussed it.

He expressed to me again how important I am to him, how he wants to make sure that if we have any issues that we discuss and resolve them, that he sees a future for us if we work at making the distance as small a problem as possible. We decided that we would just do our own thing this weekend - him with his mates whom he has hardly seen since we started spending time together, and me sorting out my house, which I have been ignoring since we started seeing each other. It was a good conversation, especially since I was feeling rather emotional.

No comments: