Friday, November 28, 2008

continued on from yesterday

I am feeling more positive today. I was online with D for a little while last night, he was feeling very down. I put myself out there and made him aware that I would stick around. He didn't have alot to say. That is ok, I am not taking it personally anymore, I get that it is how he is feeling in the moment, and really, it isn't too rational. When he comes out of it maybe we will sit down and discuss some achievable goals, as he had set himself some very hard ones.

One of the pieces of advice that my friend gave me was to do what D asked and back off on the contact until he is ready, but to send maybe one or two messages through the day just to keep in touch. So I sent him my usual 'good morning' when I woke at 6am, and tonight I will send him a text at some point. I have picked my phone up a few times to send a message, then put it away again without doing anything.

I wanted to celebrate successfully losing 10kgs in 10 weeks with someone, so I texted my best friend and another friend instead. My loss will mean more to them than to D anyway. I am aiming to lose another 14kgs, I figure it will take me about 20 weeks, so mid-March thereabouts. The only pain in the bum about losing weight is that my clothes don't fit! Well, some of it is fitting much better, some is falling off. My work clothes are falling off, but some colleagues have given me a couple of pieces and also made some suggestions about how to fix what I have so I get a bit more wear out of them.

I am going out tonight with a group of girls who are all single parents. We are going to a Greek restaurant. Should be a blast. It is a catered party and is supposed to run from 7pm - 3am, but I plan to be home by midnight as I have to work tomorrow morning, and then I am driving up to see mum and my bro's in the afternoon. We are having a family meeting about Christmas, lol.

No comments: