Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lured by the unpacking

I ended up being lured back in to the unpacking last night by the thought that the more I got done yesterday, the less I would have to do today. I got a fair few of the boxes in the boys room emptied. I also began sorting through my sewing supplies, and subsequently realised that it is this stuff, and not the boxes of books, that is the main culprit as far as hoarding and taking up too much space goes.

So today I have sorted through my six large containers of fabric, and a number of small boxes of general supplies and will be sending quite alot in the direction of the bin and the op shop. I am aware that I haven't been making alot of time for sewing in the past, and now that I don't have the boys all the time I think maybe I should get back into it again. I have two quilts I would like to complete, one is a basic block one that will go over the back of the lounge, and another is a bargello one that is intended for my bed. Neither of these will take long to complete once I get started, it is the getting started bit I need to tackle, lol. Plus I need to set my sewing machine back up. hmmm, I can feel myself beginning to procrastinate, lol.

I also spent a large chunk of my day sorting out my photo albums. Yes, I own those archaic items of the 90's, lol. I have alot of pics of myself and my first two boys in albums (all these pics seem to be pre 2005), but very badly mixed up in terms of timeline, so I began sorting them out. It was interesting to note that I have almost no photos of my toddler in hard copy, something I think I will remedy in the near future along with a general update of the boys photos too. The best part of this project has been looking back at what we did in our lives and remembering what I have acheived as I went along.

These boys have been such a major part of my life through all the upheavals and decision-making that has gone on, and they have weathered it and come out beautiful so far. I look at Scott's baby photos, and of him now as an almost teen and just am awed by his growth, both physically and mentally. He is such a great kid, and so different from his brother Will. Will hasn't changed so much, he is still just a young boy, something that I occasionally forget because he can be so damn smart sometimes, and have the most interesting things to talk about. He and I were discussing Lambourghini's versus a Koenigsegg's the other day, mostly focussing on speed. Even after I showed him a pic of a Koenigsegg I couldn't convince him to choose that over the Lambourghini, lol. He got his info from Need for Speed, lol, I guess games teach them something! Will is very interested in spy games and has a remarkable imagination. He reminds me of me at the same age, but in a boy version. I had/have an overactive imagination, but my attention was on wizards and dragons, fairies, and prince charmings, whereas his is on spies and killing and dragons and adventure. Such a typical boy, lol. I look forward to watching him grow up.

No comments: