Wednesday, September 24, 2008

self-flagellation

Did you know that if you do WW (or any other new life/new body type plan) that you have to eat healthy and exercise?!!

I think I need to thump that into my brain a bit as I just don't seem to have gotten it yet.

helllooo?! Eat healthy and lose weight....(thump thump)

do not buy/eat/enjoy that custard cream puff at all, it is BAD! (thump thump) Bad, I tell you!

yes, carrot sticks ARE yummy (thump thump)

*sigh* I did my points tracker tonight, as I have been the last few nights. I eat too much, and too much crap. I am almost double my points each day so far. I know I am new at this, but come on! I need to get with the program! I bought Chromium tablets today, apparently they help with the sugar cravings. I also did some exercise today, if you see a lady in the street with two black eyes, it is probably me, I actually did some star jumps, among other things. What possessed me to do star jumps, I do not know.

I have my weekly weigh in on Monday.
current weight - too much
expected loss - minimal
desired loss - anything less than what is currently there staring at me each morning.

I felt 'loved' at work this morning, one of my mums gave me a delicious gift of the most heavenly smelling body and hand lotion as a thank you. Her daughter gave me two big hugs.

I love my job.

I had an OMG moment at work this morning. There has been a team of us working on a grant to get money to start up a toy library (that mad, chocolate induced brain wave I had one night). It was due today at 2pm. We went to view our saved file this morning at 9am.
Gone.

GONE!!!!!!!!!!!

O. M. G.

I could have cried. We have worked so hard on it these last two weeks. I am sooo behind in my work because of it. And it was GONE. I had no time left to work on it, so even though it is my baby I just had to walk away and let my colleagues handle it. I am sure they did a great job retyping our scribbles. Made that gift I got from one of my mums all the more special, it brightened a bad morning.

Bit depressed about the whole housing issue. I haven't heard back from the real estate agents. I am praying, I really am, that one of them will call with positive results.

please.

In the news today there was talk of the whole rental crisis issue that is affecting this large city right now, and leading to Rent Rage, lol. Must say that I feel like I can relate at the moment.

Spoke to friends and family about how I felt, so at least I am not stewing on it. I hope that if I am not able to find somewhere soon, that ex-DH will be reasonable about me staying in the house. That way I can continue saving and searching for somewhere. If he does become unreasonable I will just have to bite the bullet and leave this city. Well, maybe that is too black and white, but if I can't get somewhere to live here, and he pushes for me to be gone, what choice do I have? My best friend would like me closer to her (sweet, but not too many job prospects), and my mum would like me very close to her (no way, no less than two hours from her is just fine thanks).

Ah well, something will happen.

2 comments:

Frogdancer said...

If you've got the kids, why does he get the house? Surely he should be the one finding a new place? That's what normally happens. Or am I missing something?

mums_hugs said...

Yeah, it sucks doesn't it. But the house is owned and maintained by the Defence Force. Ex-DH is the serving member and so he has the right of occupancy.