Saturday, September 13, 2008

The House

Well, No.2, Toddler and I rocked up to the house today that may be our home for the next year or so.

hmmmm.

What can I say....

okay, it is in pretty sad condition on the inside. The walls look like they have been undercoated and no-one got round to finishing the job. The lawn looks like it hasn't been mowed in a year. The stove top is rusting and the water heater for the bathroom is the size of my shoe. There was no apparent laundry facilities, unless a single tap above a large sink in the kitchen is the place. The floor in what would be called the dining area slopes down. Most of the flooring (carpet or lino) is in a pretty bad state.

But..
the bedrooms are huge, the yard is huge (for a city place) and fenced. The house isn't pretty, but it is livable. I spoke to the Estate Agent and she told me the owners are very hands off and not particularly interested in the property, so not to expect anything to be fixed unless it was an emergency. Ok. I asked her if I could paint it and she said that it would be fine if it was at my own expense. Well, I can live with that. From my point of view, if the house looks bad, then I can only make it look better and there is no chance of me losing my bond money.

I will put in an application on Monday.

No comments: