Friday, September 12, 2008

Mr Sandman will be along shortly

as I have spent most of the day feeling very tired.

I drove No.2 to school this morning. Normally he walks. Kinder - Year 3 were having their book week parade today and he insisted on going as a Sentinel from Garth Nix's Keys to the Kingdom series (awesome series, I loved it, hanging out to read Superior Saturday). No.2 has read chapter one of book one (Mister Monday), and apparently liked it very much. So part of my last night was spent creating an awesome pair of wings, a helm and a gauntlet befitting a Warrior Angel. I will post photos in the next day or so. He told me this afternoon that the teachers were impressed, but (insert tone of amazement) the kids just had no idea what a sentinel was! lol. Keep in mind he is talking about 6-9 year olds. lol.

It is amazing that he even knows what one is. Actually, I was blown away that he knew what a Helm was (kind of like a half a helmet), when questioned further he said it was because he has one on an online game he plays and loves. oookaaay *cough cough*, so I guess they do learn something while staring fixatedly at the computer monitor.

No.2 thought his class was pretty funny, most of them came as pirates or princesses. Gee, what innovativeness! I did see a 'Hermione' and an 'Indiana Jones' (umm, helllooo, the book is a rip off of the movie, not the other way around, besides, I thought Book Week was about promoting quality reading...).

I am so proud of my son's imagination. I don't fully understand the theme of it (all guns and killing, etc), but I remember being just like him, full of stories and ideas and wild crazy daydreams.

Toddler was somewhat improved today, in that he didn't look like he had been stung on the cheeks. Took him to the Dr who announced it was the flu and he could do nothing. *sigh*, I kind of knew that. Glad I am not actually paying him to tell me (we have something called bulk-billing here, some Dr's do it, it means you don't pay anything, you just sign a form before you leave).

Anyway, Toddler didn't sleep much, but we were wandering around shops most of the day so I can't say I am too surprised. He had a good snooze when we were home for awhile, and this gave me the opportunity to wash the car. Normally I go to a car wash and do a quick scrub, but I decided to keep my $10 and do it at home with buckets and a cloth. Job well done. I discovered that my wheels are chrome, not black (the tyres are black though), and that my car is grey, not brown! Who knew!!? Looks real purty now.

I am off to view a house tomorrow. I have been umming and aaahing over it for the last week, and finally decided to call the real estate today and ask about it. Just so happens they are having an open house tomorrow as the tenants have vacated. This 3 bedroom house (yes, HOUSE!!!) is about three streets away from here (10 minute walk), 5 minutes from a shopping area I already frequent, 5 minutes from my work...you get the picture. What I do know is that it is a bit run-down. Just how run-down I will find out tomorrow, but I am wondering what is wrong with it because the lease is very low for the area and the fact it is a house. I drove past it today and it looked ok from the outside. I have also Googled it and it looked ok from what I could see there.

I asked my supervisor for a character reference yesterday and mentioned that I needed it to help me get a rental. She didn't ask why I was even looking, maybe it will come up down the track. She is good about not prying, I appreciate that.

If I apply for this house I would expect to be given the keys the weekend after ex-DH gets home. I think I will be paying rent there while living here for maybe a week or two, while things get sorted out. I wasn't planning on even applying this soon, but this is a good opportunity.

nighty night.

No comments: