Thursday, August 28, 2008

Well there you go

Got off the phone with DH (ex-DH?) tonight with the distinct feeling that he is as relieved as I am that we have finally called it a day. Maybe it just comes back to the fact that we get on better when we aren't around each other. Who knows. It is making this ending much easier anyway.

So far we have discussed...
Furniture - who gets what
Money - who owes what, who pays what, who gets what
Kids - How many days do we each get (finer details to be resolved when he gets home)
Housing - where am I going, what will he do
Car - who gets it

hmmm, I think that is it. I think we are both satisfied with the prospective outcome. I am hoping to get a place fairly locally so access to the kids will be easy for both of us. He has said that there is no great rush for me to move out, but he understands that it shouldn't be delayed too much once he is home.

I have only told my best friend as I knew she was concerned for me in the past. She is pleased that this is getting resolved and would love for me to move closer to her, but at this stage it isn't going to happen. I thought about telling my mum, but really wasn't interested in handling her questions, so chose not to at this point. Maybe I will just let her know my new address. Nah, probably tell her before that.

No comments: