Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Baking

I have been baking.

This is what I made...




Pretty yummo, hey? Want the recipe? Here it is...

1 tin condensed milk
3 cups of dry whatever

mix together and put in greased and lined tray (or if you have Tupperware you can line it, or not). DO NOT TASTE TEST THE MIX! If you do there will not be enough left when you have finished testing to make anything with. You do have the option of putting teaspoonfuls of the mix onto a tray instead of making a slice. Stick in moderate oven for about 15 minutes. When it is a nice brown around the edges take out of oven (that is why I said ABOUT 15 minutes) and leave to cool. Slice.

Okay, so I can hear you saying 'what on earth is dry whatever?' Well, it is whatever you have in your cupboard. The first time I made this I had half a cup of dessicated coconut, one and a half cups of rolled oats and half a cup of cornflakes (crushed a bit). The next time I made it I had half a cup of dessicated coconut, half a cup of sultanas, a cup of shredded coconut and one cup of rolled oats. I also made it with a mix of a total 3 cups of dessicated and shredded coconut (this one I did as spoonfuls on a tray). This time I had one cup of rolled oats, one cup of shredded coconut, and one cup of rice bubbles (and some hundreds and thousands for on top).


VERY YUMMY


I am going to make the version with just coconut and condensed milk for christmas presents. I will wrap the 'biscuits' in pretty paper and ribbons.

Check out this blog. I think you may have noticed that I like parenting blogs, this is a good one.
It has been an eventful few days. Tween was diagnosed with a middle ear infection on Friday. The two boys played their soccer games on Saturday and both won. Tween moves on to play in the Grand Final! Woo Hoo!! Toddler turned 2 on Saturday. On Sunday No.2's right side of his face was all swollen and he had a temp. Took him to the dentist on Monday and they had to pull the offending tooth out because of infection. He is feeling much better today and the swelling has almost disappeared. He was very brave at the dentist. I was happy to pay the dollars to see him happier.
phew, that is enough.
I am off to a wedding this weekend, I will get photos of me looking glam!

I had an interesting email from DH today, that I wanted to share, but I am having trouble logging onto my email account, grrrr. Anyway, he acknowledged that our relationship is in a pretty bad way and that he would like to work on it.
He acknowledges the fact that he spends very little time with us as a family and that he watches alot of tv, he talked about activities he could do with the boys and activities that he would like to do himself, and he would do some housework every day, and (he said) surely that would mean he could watch some tv at the end of it. After writing that I realised that he is using the tv/kids as a bargaining tool. If he does this, then he should get that. Is this okay? It''s like with the money he has saved while he has been away, he says, well I have done this (worked), so I should get that (large screen tv, PS3, etc).

I didn't reply to the email. I needed to go away and think about it and investigate my feelings again.

Do I dare get my hopes up? - so many times I have hoped and been disappointed. It stems right back to when we met, when I sat by the phone waiting for him to call when he said he would (and didn't), to more recently, when I hoped for respect for the job I do as a working parent. Am I wrong to have had any expectations at all?

Can I really be bothered? - my head is saying 'no', my heart is full of wishes. I never wanted to have a failed marriage, but I honestly think that I made the wrong choice when I pursued a relationship with him in the first place, and then accepted him back after we had split for a while. In 9 years he has not changed, and I won't be asking him to, since that will mean he will have to be untrue to himself. He says he wants to makes some changes, but perhaps it is too little, too late.

Would I be staying for the right reasons? - by that I mean - do I love him? Do I respect him? Do I enjoy his company? Do I trust him? Unfortunately at this point in time I have to say 'no' to all of those questions. That makes me really sad. I can see that if I stayed with him it would be - for the kids, so I could keep my job in Sydney, so I could stay in this nice house in a nice suburb, in Sydney. Those are not good reasons. The kids are adaptable, as long as they know they are loved and accepted I think they will be ok. I would miss my job alot, but there are other jobs out there, and other towns with nice suburbs. *sigh*

I never wanted to have this conversation with him via email, and he knows that, And now I feel like I am being put on the spot because he wants to know where he stands when he gets home.

No comments: