Thursday, August 7, 2008

His presence was felt

There was an storm this afternoon that only the Almighty could have produced (not that anyone/thing else could be responsible for storms, it was just that this one was pretty full-on). It hit around 2.30pm and only lasted for a couple of hours. At one stage I was standing in the supermarket opposite Toddler's daycare when we (other customers and I) heard an massive bang and it felt like the floor rocked for a second. A light fitting came loose from the ceiling and was hanging by some wires. Apparently lightning struck an antennae on the roof of the building. What I saw of the lightning (when I wasn't hiding in the shopping centre) was beautiful and frightening at the same time.

Feeling a little sorry for myself today. I went to the dentist today to discuss a tooth that has been giving me grief for some time and he decided it needed to come out. I was actually very happy about this as it keeps getting infected and painful. So out it came! I now have a molar sized gap in my mouth. No pain as yet, even though the anaesthetic has worn off, I have stocked up on painkillers just in case. It did bleed an awful lot though, it has really only sttled down in the last half hour, 5 hours after I had it out. I don't know how vampires can do it, you know, drink blood, it tastes pretty gross to me and it has made me feel nauseous.

Been working my fingers to the bone at work the last couple of days, rearranging shelving and books in the kids section. I will be glad when I have finished.

Blogs for today...
A couple struggling with infertility issues, Xbox4NappyRash is written by the husband

Through the Looking Glass is a blog by a mum struggling with everyday issues like so many of us.

No comments: