Monday, July 28, 2008

Rainy days

It has been pouring with rain today. Toddler loves the rain, and he especially loves puddles! So when I picked him up from Kindy today we spent some time jumping in the puddles (yes, I jumped in them too, of course). He just thought that was the bees knees, lol. He has a little yellow rain poncho type thing that has a hood, but he does not like having the hood up. He looks like a little bit of sunshine in a cloudy day when he wears it.

One day he will discover the joy of mud pies.

It is very very cold. 9 degrees in fact, with icy wind and rain, brrrr. The hot water bottles will be out tonight!

Rainy days make me think of the Carpenters song - Rainy Days and Mondays. Oh, it's Monday today too! Lol. I had the Carpenters playing when I was in labour with Toddler, it was just the right type of smooth flowing music that I needed. I recall singing along to it in between contractions, and focusing on it when in the middle of one.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Oh my! Is it *really* that cold there? In July? Guess I am clueless as to what goes on down under :)

But, seriously, that cold??

You sound happy and upbeat...I'm glad!

Take care!

mums_hugs said...

Yes, it is that chilly indeed, and tonight is expected to be 7 degrees celsius, so even colder. I prefer winter, there's nothing like snuggling under a quilt, and I hate being sweaty, which is how I spend most of summer.