Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sleeplessness and clutter

My eyeballs are beginning to hang out of my head due to self imposed tiredness. I have recently discovered Tamora Pierce - I have read 'Trickster's Choice' and 'Trickster's Queen' and with both books I found myself awake into the wee small hours of the morning because I just could not put them down. I am very excited about reading more from this amazing writer.

I have been attempting to address clutter issues as I am keeping in mind my desire to have a simpler life, and that includes just being content with less. Besides, I had a number of boxes, in a shed, that I haven't opened in the year we have lived in this place, so it was time to do a real sort and chuck. I spent yesterday and today on this project and am satisifed with the dent I made. Out of 10 boxes I got rid of the equivalent of 5. Pat on the back for me, lol. We are having a council pick up tomorrow, the boxes of stuff that is going are sitting out there waiting to disappear.

I have been saving carefully for a few weeks now as there were some items I wanted to replace - old and/or broken with new. So today I went out and bought...
A new computer desk
Headphones for the computer (required for sanity)
Kettle (I wore the other one out)
A mouse for the computer (replacement of 'antique', lol)
A fish tank! This was purchased as our goldfish (his name is Spud) has grown out of his previous home, I expect he will be very happy to move.
A camera. hmmm, well, the old one wasn't actually that old, or broken, but I hated it passionately. It was very temperamental and this made photo taking very stressful. Mind you, I have gotten some absolutely gorgeous photos with it, but it's not worth the pain as I believe I can do it with the new one too. I will be testing it out soon.

So Sunday was spent building a computer table. It seriously took me and the boys (great helpers) 4 hours!!!! I was sooo glad when it was finally finished and set up.
We also visited a lovely friend who I haven't seen for a while, the boys and I went expecting to stay an hour, and ended up there for nearly three!

Here's another blog for you to check out...

No comments: