Monday, July 7, 2008

Lots of photos and blessings

Sometimes it is hard to think of a title for my post before I have written it, so at the moment the space is blank. I am sure that will change by the time you actually read this.

We are now the proud owners of new shoes and a worm farm. We visited an enormous shoe warehouse last weekend and I was able to supply the older boys with home AND school shoes within my budgeted amount, YAY. We also visited a big nursery and discovered worms for much less than a competitors price and so splurged on a worm farm as well.


We spent the afternoon setting up the worm farm. DS3 taste tested the coconut fibre bedding that the worms would be living in, he wasn't impressed.
But he was very helpful getting it all watered and ready...

...and then was quite intrigued by the little wrigglers.


I made lame jokes about how the boys can go to school and say 'We have worms', I thought I was hilarious. Here is the finished product sitting in it's pride of place...


I believe God truly blessed me with my children. They are my pain and my joy, my anger and my happiness. I am grateful to have them in my life. I love that my 12yr old is still happy to kiss me goodbye in public, that he never screws up his face, that it seems as important to him as it is to me. I love how funny he is!

I love that my 8yr old is inquisitive and inventive. I love that he has a sweet giggle and that he tolerates my need for a hug and kiss now and then.

I thank god every day for the sunshine that is my nearly two year old. Even when the clouds pass over his face he makes my heart smile.


On the other hand...lol, lame joke, giggle...my ring finger on my left hands often tingles and my arm goes numb at night time. I have noticed some muscle weakness. My right hand aches in the lower center of my palm and feels tight. I wonder if I have carpal tunnel. It is possible, I do alot of typing, knitting, sewing, reading, all activities that require the use of my wrists and fingers. It is quite uncomfortable and sometimes very distracting. One of the main treatments is changing the way activities are done. I will have to think about that, because it is a bit hard to change any of my usual activities. Maybe simply taking lots of breaks, by changing what I am doing, will help. I need to see a doctor and discuss my concerns.

DH has been ringing nearly every day. It makes for strained conversation, because there is only so much I can say about work and kids before it all starts to sound the same. I was amazed to hear that he has spent most of his days off the ship at the movies. I mean, seriously, he is in another country, and he goes to the movies?! Oh, and eats Hungry Jacks (Burger King) and MacDonald's!!!! What can I say? I have an itinerary for my trip to NZ that includes all sorts of exciting NZ experiences. No way will you find me sitting in the movies when I could be out rafting or trekking through rainforests.

No comments: