Thursday, July 10, 2008

A bit of fun

We had a PJ's and Stories session at work last night. While we only had 5 kids there it was a good practice run. I want to do it again in October when we have 'Fairytale Month' (one of my brilliant ideas, lol). This time we did a feltboard story, a stick puppet story, and a book. We sang sleepytime songs like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I will do alot more promotion for the next one, and maybe have it in the morning instead of at night so that we can invite a couple of kindy's to come along as well. I have photo's at work (thanks to DS1 who was our camera man), I will post them in the next day or so. I wore Elmo pj's and had my hair in pigtails, lol, it was fun.

The children's area was messy again yesterday and today, last night I had to rush around cleaning it up before our storytime. SO annoying.

Work was quite good today. I had a bookseller come and she had such a huge range, I was quite impressed. She normally sells to schools so the non-fiction is very suited to the current primary school curriculum. I enjoyed going through the fiction and picture books and seeing what is being produced at the moment.

Tax time again. I started doing it last night, then realised I needed DH's income to complete mine. I don't think I will get much back anyway, but I like to get it out of the way early.

DS3 didn't cry too much this morning, even though there was a few different faces in the baby room. He is two years old in a month!

When my mum and I get on the phone we have a good old yarn about various things, like patchwork (she is an award winning quilt artist), and boys (I have two brothers still at home) and work. Mum is qualified in aged care and she has an elderly man she takes care of in her home, so we spent some time tonight discussing him. He has a difficult personality and is quite demanding. I worry for her health because she becomes quite stressed when he has had a bad day. I admire her for taking care of him, and I know she does not shirk her duties, but he can be very challenging. He is 99 years old and physically quite healthy, which is wonderful for him, but mentally he is in the early stages of dementia. I am glad she can vent to me about him, it gives her some release.

My cough has developed a bit and I can now feel it in my chest. I have an appointment on Monday to see the doctor.

No comments: