Monday, June 30, 2008

vulnerable

I am feeling a little unsure at the moment. I have spent the last year telling myself (and believing) what a great area we live in and how safe I feel, only to be told yesterday that the streets around me have been subject to numerous burglaries recently, even when people have been home. I don't know that I would feel any safer with DH in the house, but I don't feel too safe right now, and I am scared for my kids. There are too many news stories of stabbings and shootings because someone interfered with a burglary in progress. There is a dog next door who barks like crazy when anyone comes down our driveway, so I appreciate that more than ever at the moment. I don't know what I can do to make this house any more secure, so I will have to trust in God's will.

Did a Tupperware party recently (yes, another hat to add to my pole, I am a Tupperware lady on the side) and had great sales. I have talked about giving up due to time constraints, but I like Tupperware and I like making it available to my friends and family. I rarely demonstrate though, I usually just give out the catalogues and tell people to call me if they would like anything, or if they would like a party I can usually work something out. The sales do depend on the hostess talking about the range and getting outside orders, which is where most of the sales for this one came from. The hostess got lots of freebies so she is a happy gal (I am not quite as happy because she no longer needs anything, lol)!

I had a parent/teacher meeting for DS2 today. His teacher was very pleased with his progress this year (it is a new school and alot bigger than his old one) and she stressed the importance of him taking his time with his work, as he has a tendency to rush and make silly mistakes. I was proud to read in his report, and hear, that he ALWAYS has lovely manners.

DS3 and I have cold and I feel rather ill. I told my supervisor I wouldn't be singing at Rhymetime tomorrow as I don't think my throat would last the half hour, I was struggling on Friday and my throat is worse today. Don't know what she thought when I asked her to find someone else to sing. I suppose I could go out there too and sing with someone, rather than on my own, so that if I have to stop I can. Hmm, might do that instead. I am actually glad there will be no Rhymetime for a couple of weeks as it will give my throat a break. If DS3's cold turns into the green stuff he will be sent home from daycare. I can't actually say I would mind too much, although I am well aware now that people don't like doing my job and that makes me feel bad for the kids that come to my sessions. Sometimes it is not good to be good at your job.

School holidays start next week and I have NO bookings for activities. Hmmmm. I do know that I have a Kindy group coming on Tuesday for our Arabic Storytime, so at least it will look like we have a few kids there. I didn't send out flyers to the schools this time, so maybe that has something to do with it, plus I was late getting them out to the public anyway, because I was away. Oh well, will have to try harder next time. On a positive note, I should have some money to spend soon, and I have a loooong wish list. I will be pacing myself though, so that I don't end up broke two months before the end of the financial year again, not pleasant.

Paid my first week of child care fees at the new place and have saved $50 this week! And that is before salary sacrificing, as that kicks in this week *doing a little dance*. So I will put that saved money towards the electricity bill. I do put money into all the bill accounts each week, but I obviously don't put enough away for this one. I guess I can afford to adjust it now. Hanging out to do my tax return, should get a nice bit of money back this year. I think I will put some of it away for xmas and some for my holiday.

No comments: