Monday, June 2, 2008

If I think about it too much

my guts will start to churn and I will feel so sick. Tomorrow I am taking part in a Children's Services Workshop. I am one of the presenters, thankfully I am only doing small part. I am a bit nervous, but have been practising tonight and feel pretty good about it. I suppose it's when I am up in fornt of 60 or so people that I will get nervous. I am demonstrating a couple of draw and tell stories that I now know off by heart, I hope I don't stuff them up. I never ever saw myself where I am today. I was so shy in primary and highschool, and now I 'sing' three times a week in front of about 40 parents and 60 kids (total), and tomorrow I am reading stories to adults, as if I know what I am doing! I hadn't even heard of draw and tell stories until about 6 weeks ago! I surprise myself.

The boys both won their soccer games on Saturday. DS2 played really well, their team won 7-2 (first half was slow, we were down 2-1, there must have been something in the oranges in the break because our guys came back fighting!). DS1's game I mostly missed, but he said they won 1-0 and that he got his foot on the ball a couple of times, can't hope for more than that.

We had DS2's birthday party on Sunday afternoon (a week early because we will be away). We went to a big indoor playground and he had an absolute ball with a few of his mates from school and soccer. It was a great opportunity for me to meet a couple of other mums and spend some time with the ones I knew a bit. It was good fun and we all came home exhausted.

Back at work today and madly getting ready for being away tomorrow to attend the workshop, as well as getting stuff ready for while I am away next week for my friend's baby birth. There is someone I have never met running tomorrows Rhymetime, she was a late call in because my supervisor, who was going to do it, has to be away tomorrow too. So I had to have the craft, craft area, and stories, plus full instructions, completely ready for her for tomorrow. I hope the girl doesn't make 'my' kids cry! LOL.

DS2 has been practising lines, for a play he will be in. It is on the Tuesday after we come back from my friend's. He is pretty ready for it, I have been helping him with his lines and they are doing lots of rehearsals at school.

DS3 says 'come' and tugs on my pants, or pushes me. Usually it is because he wants me to put the Wiggles on. He can say 'off', oh and he started saying 'gop' this week, can you guess what word it is?.......Scott (DS1)!!! DS3 says 'bye, gop' lol!!!!! So cute. He also says - guck (truck), no no no, up, cheese, peese (please), wawa (water), mik (milk), bopple (bottle), Elmo (for everything on TV - Playschool, Wiggles, Elmo), car, bus, baa baa (sing me songs mum), din dins (dinner), hot, book, pish (fish). I am sure there is more, it is so cute to watch him learn.

I checked out another child care centre for DS3 today. It is fine, and quite a bit cheaper. My only problem is that they close for 4 weeks over December/January. What on earth would I do with DS3 then? I can't rely on DH to be home. I would like to send DS3 there, but I am going to have to think about things a bit. Yes, I could take holidays then, but what do I do about school holiday activities? I suppose I could get someone else to supervise. I am just a bit worried about it, is all, but my goodness I would save some money sending him there. Maybe I could get a casual babysitter in for days when I have to be at work, and then take leave for days when I don't. It's a bit messy though.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Just wanted to wish you the best for your presentation tomorrow!

I'm sure you'll do a fine job :)