Saturday, October 24, 2009

omg, so much exercise!!

I have discovered I like exercise...well, as much as you can like something that makes you sore and sweaty lol. After Roller Derby I feel...awesome. Tired and sore, but awesome. I used to feel the same when I went for my early morning walk/run.

Played my first game of softball today. Did not have much of an idea of the rules, but was able to hit the ball and run. I spent the fielding part of the game as the catcher and actually liked it, except the leg pads chafed the back of my knees pretty badly, and the ball hit my thumb a couple of times and its all bruised. But for the most part I managed to catch the ball and my throwing was generally good. We lost by 7 runs, which I thought was a pretty good effort considering we only had 7 players and half of us had never played before.

I have been thinking about doing the Couch to 5K challenge. I am starting pole dance (lol, but I thought 'why not?') classes on Wednesdays, so I am wondering if maybe that is a bit much. At the moment my schedule is...

Monday - Karate (1 1/2 hrs, moderate to intense)
Tuesday - Beach Booty Camp with the Derby Girls (1 hr, intense)
Wednesday - Dance (1 hr, intense) and Softball training (1 hr, moderate)
Thursday - Free
Friday - Roller Derby (2 hrs, intense)
Saturday - Softball (1 1/2 hrs, moderate)
Sunday - Roller Derby (3 hrs, intense)

That is 11 hrs of training per week. In 6 weeks I have gone from nothing to this!!! And yet I look at it and think that yes, I could do the C25K challenge. Knowing my recovery time for the other activities I would do it on a Monday or Tuesday, Thurs, and Friday. hmmm, I think I will wait and see how I go with the dance classes, maybe what I do already is more than enough.

Weight loss - well, I put on 3 kgs while working for the gov....grrr, but 4 months of sitting on your butt will do that and I am lucky that is all I put on. Scales had not moved for weeks so I measured last week instead and again today and have lost 4cms overall in the last 5 days. So then I weighed again and had lost 1.5kgs, so I am pleased to finally see that needle shifting again. Aiming for a loss of 10kgs and if I keep up this level of training (and make a couple of changes to my diet) I am pretty confident I will get there. Christmas is 9 weeks away, so there is a good chance I will reach my goal by then.

Work is going fine, I have one more training session to go and then I have been offered 9.5 hrs per week. Happy about that. I have a job interview with a child care centre next week for a casual job, hoping I get it as it will tie in well with uni. If I get it I will work both jobs for a while, see whether I am happy with the hours, and then decide what to do next.

Life is good. I am content.

No comments: