Monday, October 26, 2009

not impressed

On a downer today, not a big one and I know it will pass.

Was slightly embarrassed by my mother yesterday. We had a family BBQ (which she organised knowing full well I had other plans that day). Anyway, she had invited my uncle and his kids along. My uncle runs a market stall in Sydney that focuses on organic and eco friendly products. My mother told me a week or so ago that she had spoken to my uncle about the Amigurumi I had been working on and that he was interested in seeing them and maybe putting them on his stall. So I made sure I had 5 ready and labeled and brought them with me to the BBQ. When I mentioned them to my uncle he looked a little confused. I asked him if mum had spoken to him about them and he said no and that it was not the kind of thing he would have on his stall as it is not in keeping with his other products. I was not bothered by this, but I was very annoyed with mum.

One of my brothers, the oldest, did not come to the BBQ. He does not talk to my uncle and at the moment he does not talk to one of the other bro's either. So he felt no guilt over not coming, it would have been unpleasant for him and he sees mum at least once a week anyway. When I spoke to him about it after the BBQ he told me mum had rung him that morning and used the line that he should come because it could be our last family BBQ. My bro just told her not to play that game with him. I have no idea how she took it because I managed to avoid having to have a big long discussion with her about why this bro had not come.

I get annoyed with her for manipulating people. For telling lies. For being a hypocrite. For bitching about everyone behind their backs. I spoke to my youngest bro about having to change my plans and he asked me why I came. I told him it was because it was important to mum and if I had not come she would have bitched about me behind my back about it.

This kind of behaviour irritates me. I would only put up with it from family, if friends behaved like this then they would not be friends for long.

sigh

No comments: