Monday, October 19, 2009

no worries...mate :-)

Well, the day before I was leaving for my besties I got a call from Baker's Delight asking me to come in for an interview the following week. Came back from my holiday on the Monday, had the interview on the Tuesday morning, got the call Tuesday afternoon asking me to start on Wednesday :-).

I have now done two trial shifts - 2 1/2 hrs on the Wednesday and 2 hrs today. My next shift is on Thursday and is 3 hrs. So far they seem happy with me. The work is casual and will be a max of 16hrs a week. I am actually finding that I quite like that idea. The pay is less than what I was on in my previous job, but it is enough to keep us above water and that is all I am looking for right now. Kind of makes me wish I had taken the casual library job when I first moved here, but I was not in the financial or mental position at the time to not have a permanent full-time job. Now I am over working full-time and have had quite a change in direction mentally, enough that being in a casual job really does not bother me. The work itself is not difficult, but it can get quite busy and that can make things challenging. Better than cleaning, that's for damn sure.

I liked being home for the kids this afternoon when they got home for school. I collected toddler from day care and took them all to the beach. A month ago I could not have done that and I love that I can (and the beach is free!). We had a lovely hour and a half down there before coming home to make hamburgers and cookies. It was a great afternoon.

I am loving Roller Derby. It challenges me physically and I really do love to be challenged :-) I have noticed improvement in my skating skills every time I have gone to training and it really gets me pumped up and keeps me keen to keep going. I am not at the level where I can participate in a Derby bout, but I think I will be by the new year.

I also love how passionate the Derby girls are about their sport. They love it and it really shows. I like these girls, they are feisty and fun and noisy. New friends!

I love having my boys home.

No comments: