Wednesday, October 15, 2008

This is fun

who knew chatting online would be so much fun! I am wasting lots of time in this activity

I have exchanged photos with one of the guys I was chatting to, and we are both happy with what we see. I can see us meeting up in the not too distant future, just because I like what I am hearing/reading,and he seems to be of the same mind. He lives a couple of hours away, not far from my mum, so I might combine a visit if he is up for it. *ETA* just had another chat with him and we have a coffee date ladies and gentlemen! Sunday 26th October.

What I have learnt so far..
- he loves his parents (and is living with them to save for a house), even though he finds them a bit clueless about the 21st century sometimes
- he has a job he enjoys
- he has a son he loves
- he gets on well with his family (younger bro, and a sister)
- he reads (yes, I find this amazing)
- he has been single for 3 years, minimal dating (and that dating has been with younger women, who he has come to realise aren't looking for the same thing he is)
- he doesn't watch sport (I am dancing)
- he doesn't watch much tv (still dancing)
- he likes Fords (this is actually important, lol)
- he values honesty and communication (and this is important for most people)
- his parents are old-fashioned regarding manners and he respects that
- he is cuddly
- he has amazing blue eyes (I just sat there saying 'wow' when I saw his pic)
- he doesn't like horror movies
- he enjoys music similar to my own tastes

Look, I know this is a strange way to get to know someone, but it is a way that suits my lifestyle. The negative about it is that you aren't talking person to person, so you don't get the body language or the facial expressions. But this is how it is.

So I have a date, albeit a coffee date, in a week and a half.

yay me

1 comment:

Steph said...

Sounds great! Enjoy your coffee date :)