Thursday, October 23, 2008

I love hugs

Just got off the phone with D. It was a good conversation and ran for over an hour. I like him. I really do. Scares the crap out of me. He was initially concerned about ringing me because he didn't know if X was here, but I reassured him (X is on duty on the ship). We then discussed the subject - if things go well with us on Sunday and over the next couple of weeks, do I plan to tell X. I told D it wasn't his issue and he got a bit annoyed with me, he pointed out that if I tell X and X gets all nasty, then it affects me, if it affects me that makes it his issue. Well, fair enough then.

lol

I have had the pleasure of my step father-in-laws company for the last few days. He reminded me what a wrap around hug felt like. God I have missed being hugged like that. X always used to pat my back, very irritating. I had a friend at a church I used to attend, she gave great hugs too. I love wrap around hugs. Anyway, I told SFIL about D, and he gave his approval. I am so glad. Basically he said if I am happy, then so is he, because he knows I wasn't happy with X and he can't understand how we stayed together as long as we did. I love him for that. I asked him how he thought MIL would react, and he said that she would be the same as him.

Bizarre that I felt comfortable telling my now x-MIL that I have met someone who I like very much. lol.

She was ok about it. So now the only one out of the loop is X. hmmm. I don't feel so good about that. Well, I will see how things go with D. D actually reminds me alot of my SFIL, and I said that to SFIL, this was after I had raved a bit about how much I liked D, lol. So SFIL was flattered that I would think a man like him would be what I was looking for. If I had been 20 years older I would have loved to have SFIL as my partner. But I am not, and so instead he is a mate, and I love him for that (and his hugs). He is obviously in love with my x-MIL, I love the way he talks about her, and she loves him just as much.

I would be grateful for even half of the feelings that they have for each other.

Had a crap afternoon at work today. A woman came in and presented the person at the circulation desk with two books that her children had thrown into a swimming pool, she had rescued them and dried them out and now wanted us to accept them back. The circ desk person couldn't handle it, so sent the lady to me at the info desk (lucky me).

So then I had a long, loud (her anyway) disagreement with her about how it is her responsibility to pay to replace these brand new books (it was the first time they had been borrowed) because they were no longer suitable for our collection. She didn't like that and stomped off to the children's area to find one tatty book that was thirteen years old to prove a point - that we keep substandard books on our shelves. I rang my boss to get her view on the situation, she suggested I point out to the lady that the example she was using was very old, and would be shortly destined for the scrap heap anyway, whereas the books that she had borrowed were brand new. The lady's argument was that accidents happen and why should she have to replace the books. I gave her my bosses name and number and the lady left the books with me, huffing and puffing about how she was going to call my boss and get it sorted. Well, I showed my boss the books and she agreed with me.

Let the lady call.

But it made me tense. And so my dance class wasn't a great one, because it took me longer to get into the swing of it, to relax enough to get a grip on the moves. I got it in the end, but was disappointed with myself. I will be putting in the practice over the next week.

I am moving Monday. It got confirmed yesterday. The removalists will come and pack up my stuff, pack it into the truck, and take it to the flat, and, if I want, they will unpack it again. I will probably want to get rid of them by then. I guess I will be sleeping over there Monday. X has taken the day off work too, he was quick to say that it wasn't because he thought I would take anything (what is there I could possibly want, that I haven't told him about?). It will be a help though, as I have white goods arriving at the other place on Monday, and was worried about how that was all going to coordinate, now it is not an issue.

No comments: