Monday, October 20, 2008

Romance is in the air

My friendship with the man I shall call D has continued to develop nicely and we are both looking forward to our meeting on Sunday. Both D and I are discovering that we have alot in common, particularly in the way we think and act in some situations. I have frequently found myself saying to him 'get out of my head!' because he has said something that is exactly what I would say! Or he says he has been thinking about something and, oh my goodness, so have I! We are enjoying each other very much.

Both of us have spoken to our respective children about the possibility that mum (or dad in his case) might find a nice person who will be spending time with them, and they have all given the ok (relief). Tween's ok was conditional - the man must be good to me and them. None of them were bothered with the idea of other children (note that I said 'idea', lol).

What is particularly mind-blowing for me is that he fits my profile of an ideal partner exactly. We share the same principles, the same basic values, so many areas where we agree, or are so similar we may as well say we agree. He even likes cats! D has a fantastic relationship with his son, who I got to speak to and he is a nice boy. D really seems to be everything I ever wanted in a man, everything that X was not.

Do I dare hope that my Prince Charming has arrived? I have been holding myself back, not daring to think that, until we have met at least. I am aware that he feels much the same way. I had a moment recently when I was scared of the possibility that he may be Mr Right. My head rules most of the time and it has been saying 'don't believe it, it is a dream, it isn't real...' but my heart is singing another tune completely. I prayed long and loud to God, questioning my logic, and my desire, ending with 'It is your will God, I will dare to believe', and I felt such relief. I have allowed myself to dream of possibilities and now I feel like anything could happen.

And I could say that I wish D and I had met 10 years ago, but we were both different people then. Our lives have brought us to this point, and we both seem to be ready to see where it takes us.

Anyway, enough of my silly teenage like behaviour (which is such fun, quite honestly).

I have bought everything I need for my flat now and am officially broke, lol. Well, for the moment.

Heard from the removalists today that my move has been approved, now I just need to confirm the date. I am hoping I can do it next Monday.

I participated in a fun run on Sunday. I walked most of the way, but did run some and found that I handled the 4km walk/run really well. I did it in 45mins. I am enjoying my new found energy and inner healthfulness. I have lost just over 5kgs in 4 weeks, YAY, well on the way to my goal of 10kgs before xmas. I had someone say to me today that I looked like I had lost weight, it is so nice to say 'YES!'. I hope mum says something nice to me when I see her on Friday, as she knows my progress.

I am getting my motorbike license in 6 weeks! D thinks that him dating a bikie chick is very funny. He should talk, he is a rev head! You should have heard him getting excited about some wheels he is getting for his car, lol, such a boy.

X bought a two door hatch to drive round in. Such a sensible choice for a father of three growing boys.

My best friend is having a family crisis at the moment, with her father-in-law in hospital in a serious condition. I am praying for his recovery, but it is expected that if he does recover he is going to need a great deal of care. It is terribly sad for them all, and all I can offer is my support.

Attended my first dance class last Thursday, and had a ball tripping over my own feet learning the Rumba. I love it!!!! Sooo sexy.

Today I saw a professor of neurology for an issue I have with my hands. He has run some tests and the diagnosis today was that I have carpal tunnel syndrome. At this stage it is only mild, but I have to be conscious of it and be sure to change activities and stretch out my wrists and hands to avoid it getting worse. If it does become painful (at this stage it is just distracting) then I will need surgery, which is minor day surgery, and that should resolve the problem. I was a little upset about it. When I look back I realise that the discomfort began not long after Toddler was born, when I would carry him for long periods, supported by my hip and my right hand, which is the one most affected. I remember the aching that I used to get, and how I used to have to hold him with the arm rather than the hand, and I just put it down to strained muscle. Perhaps I did more damage then than I realised.

I would still love another child. I don't think I will walk down the aisle again. I will never have my weight in the three digits again, ever, no way, not at all. I will never ever consider the possibility of X and I getting back together, no way, not ever. Ew

Lol

Things I dream of doing...
Dance
Bike License
NZ trip
Caving
learn how to do strikethroughs
buy my own home
lose 5kgs
lose 10kgs
lose 20kgs
Reach goal weight
Skydive
Climb to the top of centrepoint tower
Ride to D's place on my motorbike
have sex make love (please God, it has been soooo long)
be kissed by a man who I am not related to
be held by a man who I am not related to

I am sure there will be more to add to this list as time goes by.

No comments: