Saturday, May 10, 2008

I like to...

I enjoy driving along the freeway. I like to play leap frog with other cars. I tend to pick one and then overtake it, and if they overtake me, then I take the next opportunity to overtake them, and so on. I don't know if they notice it, maybe they do. The game ends when they turn off, I turn off, or they get so far ahead of me that I can't catch up without speeding.

I like to read. I read a wide variety of books, anything that catches my attention really, but I have to be in the mood for it. For example, if I am in a Sci Fi mood, then you won't see me reading romance or historical fiction. I admit to some selection preferences. I don't like reading about England during the Elizabethan period, it irritates me for some reason. There is some Sci Fi I am not interested in, like...umm...some guys funny name that I can't recall, lol, starts with an 'A', lol. Tonight would be a good night for some romance fiction, I am a bit tired and so it won't strain my brain. I like Biographies, I find other people's lives interesting and often inspiring. I can't say that sports stuff interests me, I steer away from it on tv as well, unless it is a good movie, like 'Remember the Titans'. I don't own it, I should buy it.

Movies...I like movies too, things like 'Pay it Forward' and 'Sleepless in Seattle' and 'Die Hard'. Again, I have to be in the mood, and usually need some handsewing or knitting to do to justify sitting still for so long, lol. I have been watching 'The Vicar of Dibley' series, not a movie, but it is on DVD so it qualifies, lol. If you like British comedy then check this out, it is such a giggle, oh, but don't watch it if you get easily offended by people who make religious jokes.
I enjoy music, such as Evanesence, Kenny Rogers, Pearl Jam, The Cars, Dixie Chicks, lots of others, lots of genres.

I like seeing my kids smile and laugh. They don't out loud laugh much, they generally just smile. And such beautiful smiles.


No comments: