Monday, April 13, 2009

crap crap crap

got a call tonight to say my mum is in intensive care. Apparently she came banging on my bro's bedroom door, doubled over in pain. He got the neighbour to take them to the hospital and they discovered she has a tear in a vein that runs from her heart to her leg.

Needless to say, I am freaking out a little and feel emotionally screwed up. I also feel useless, my bro says there is no need for me to be up there at this stage cos she will be in hospital for a few days, but I still feel like I should be doing something. Plus I want to talk to her myself, but she is all doped up on morphine for the pain.

This is not even something related to why I am moving up there. That was to do with her having a biopsy and driving herself home, that prompted me to move sooner rather than later.

Saw my house yesterday cos the owner happened to be there when we stopped by and was happy to let us take a look. It is ok. The bedrooms are smaller than here at my apartment, but the rest of the place is similar. It will do.

My wednesday rhymetime group threw me a surprise goodbye party. I had to leave the room to collect myself. I was really overwhelmed that they did this.

Still no job as yet, but that is now a good thing. Got schools organised for the older two and possibly a few days of care for Toddler.

No comments: