Thursday, February 19, 2009

It is sooo close

Only 39 hours till the plane is scheduled to taxi down the run way and take me to NZ. I am so so so excited!!!!!

D and I have continued to chat and will be spending a couple of hours together tomorrow morning, before I take the boys to my mums for the week. I have no idea where things will go with us.

I am applying for a position at a library near mum and so was forced to let my supervisor know that I intended to leave within the next couple of months. She looked like she was going to cry, but I simply explained that I felt I needed to be closer to my mother. The position advertisement closes on the 27th February, while I am still in NZ. I expect that if I get an interview it will be around two weeks after that date.

I have told my supervisor that I would not leave my current position before May, this is because I need to juggle kids, schools, and the cost of the move as well, so a move before then is not really feasible. If the new library wants me then they will be willing to wait I think, and if not, well...I do not mind. Other jobs will come up and if I am up there then I will be in a good position to apply for them. A colleague who I have spoken to pointed out that I could use any free time I have to do some Professional Development, she has a good point.

I am still feeling positive about the move. Scared, because a move is a big decision anytime, but positive. The boys are excited, my ex seems to have little or no issue with it, and my mum is looking forward to it. Not sure what the reality of being up there is going to be like, but it will be a life experience.

No comments: