Sunday, February 15, 2009

If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

I hope that made you laugh like it made me laugh.

Well, I wrote nearly two weeks ago. Things have changed a little.

I am moving closer to mum in June. I visited her recently and was not impressed with how she is looking and sounding. I have been reading 'Feel the Fear and Do it anyway' and it prompted me to take the step. I feel calm since, and comfortable with my decision. I will give notice at work once I come back from NZ. I think work will be gutted, I have done some good things there, but the time has come for me to move on. Funny how I have had a complete turn around, from thinking I would be there forever, to not really minding that I shall be leaving within a couple of months. The kids are excited about moving closer to my bros.

I have cooled things with S. I like him as a friend, but that is it.

Things with D have picked up again. Going to take it reeeaaal slow this time and not get quite so caught up in the emotions. I must say, how I feel for him has not changed, and I get the definite impression from him that he is the same. It is scary and amazing that we cannot seem to let go of each other. I think we need to spend some real time together to really see if there is a future for us. Spending time in person is different to online and texting.

I went and saw the movie 'He's just not into you' last Friday. Fantastic chick flick, absolutely loved it. Cinema was filled with women and we all interacted with the movie, saying 'awwww' and 'oh no' at certain times. One of the characters was bemoaning todays technology and I can't say I completely disagree.

Once upon a time you only had letters to communicate your love....then phones. Phones were a wonderful invention. But then we got greedy and created mobiles, so we are accessible ALL the time...then all these social networking sites, etc etc. Now we can get rejected in so many different ways. Apparently most people are now dumped/rejected via MSN Messenger and SMS. Sad isn't it. In some ways I wish it was back to just phones. I liken emails to love letters, so they can be nice to have too, but all this availability has made women more obsessive. So now we check our emails five times a day, have our phone on us constantly and check to see if it is working (because he still hasn't called...), log into messenger every chance we get, check our Facebook page, check our Myspace page, check his Myspace page.........but we aren't desperate.

go figure

Sigh.

No comments: