Wednesday, January 23, 2008

promises promises

Today I promised myself that I would not eat crap. I lied...and enjoyed it (the crap food, not the lying).

Today I promised myself that I would go to bed at a nice, healthy hour. It's 11.30pm....I am tired, I need to wash my hair and I hate going to bed with wet hair. I thought about washing it earlier but couldn't be bothered. Now I am going to have to get up 15mins earlier to wash my hair and hope that my toddler doesn't decide to get up earlier too! No-one to blame but myself.

Had a lovely evening with my toddler. My older two are away and my hubby is away too, so it is just me and M. He is a gorgeous boy, if I do say so myself. We went for a 20 min walk, then had tea, played in the garden, I bathed him, then more play before quiet time and bed. It isn't often that I get to enjoy him like this, mostly because I am doing housework or negotiating arguments between others, or having one myself! Plus, the tv and computer is always on (which I dislike immensely), tonight neither went on until M went to bed, and I didn't miss it one bit (but it is partly the reason why I am still awake now, lol).

When DH is home he gets up and the first thing he does is turn the tv and computer on. He gets home, same thing. I really do get sick of the noise. Plus all he watches is sport and sport and...oh, did I mention he watches sport?! Maybe a bit of news, maybe the occasional reality show. I am not into tv, so watch almost nothing, but this makes him act like he has control of whatever we watch. I would rather read a book, it is quieter and usually far more interesting.

ok, had my whinge for today, lol. Now I am going to bed (hahahahahaha, that's so funny! I will go and finish tidying up the kitchen, make sure all the washing is done, put piles of clothes in rooms, check on M, turn off lights, check doors are locked...and so on, you get the picture).

Maybe tomorrow I will get to bed before 12am.

No comments: