Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday

I feel like I had a productive day. There is always something to do in my job as a children's librarian, especially when you don't have an assistant to delegate work to. So I plan and create and implement and I love it!

Today was the last session of school holiday activities and I am glad it is over. I have enjoyed spending time with the older kids and teaching them some new skills, or just providing them with an hour or so of entertainment. In two weeks it is back to the Rhymetime/Storytime sessions with babies up to pre-schoolers, and my regular BOOKclub with primary age kids. I still don't have anything set up for teens, I admit that I am a bit intimidated by them, and can get a bit irritated with the noise they make (although I do my fair share of noise making with the littlies, lol). But I do like talking to them. I was one once after all, and they really aren't so different as they would like to think.

I have to think of something I can train a small group in. Something that is linked to the library. I need to do this within the next six months to be able to go up a pay grade. Because of my qualifications I am already on the second grade of five or six. But I am struggling to think of something that I myself can train a small group in. I know one of the previous CL's did research training for kid's assignments, but I would feel like I was copying if I did that. I guess I will just have to sit on it for a bit, something will present itself.

Had a bit of a read of Stephen Covey's '7 Habits', it is quite interesting and I like how he makes it known that it is a struggle to live the 7 habits all the time. Bit like following God, now that can be a very wobbly path sometimes, lol. I am back to Artemis Fowl books again, what a great series. Eoin Colfer is a good writer. The first book started off a bit slow, but now I am up to book 5 and am well aware that that is it till the next one (if there is one) comes out. When I finish this I am going to read Point Blanc, the second in the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz.

DH couldn't come home tonight, they are being kept in, lol, and he can't be bothered driving home. Won't see him till Sunday since he has to stay at work tomorrow too.

I got to bed by 11pm last night, yay, then I read till 12am, lol.

No comments: