Saturday, April 16, 2011

New tattoo's..yes, that is a plural!

I've been pretty sick with gastro these last few days. Got on the scales this morning and discovered I had lost 3 kgs in as many days. Not a weight loss program I want to pursue, but 'wow!' lol. Still struggling to eat properly, but will get there in the next few days.

Have gotten two new tattoos. It's been two years since I got my first and I had been wanting another for a while. The opportunity came and I jumped at it and got my phoenix...
for me this symbolises Faith (in myself), Strength (of character), and Virtue. In Mythology, the Phoenix represents rebirth/renewal. In China it is synonymous with good fortune, opportunity, and luck. The Phoenix is a Yang symbol.

I then got all excited and went and got one on the other thigh.

it's in grey cos it was really swollen and red and not pretty lol. The dragon is a Yin symbol in some cultures and is the male counterpart to the female Phoenix, together they symbolize both conflict and wedded bliss :-)

I'm happy with the artwork. I will probably only get one more tattoo and that won't be for a while. It is to be something that symbolises my love for Australia, at the moment I am thinking something with skates lol.

No comments: