Tuesday, February 22, 2011

continued progress

Last weeks measurements were...
Bust 116 (45.5)
Waist 108 (42.5)
Hips 125 (49)
Thighs 68 (26.5)
Arms 39 (15.5)

This week...
Bust 116 (45.5)
Waist 106 (41.5)
Hips 125 (49)
Thighs 67 (26)
Arms 39 (15.5)

Good to see that I am still dropping cm's off my waist. I had a pretty bad food/exercise week over the last week, so am glad I dropped anything at all.

Last Friday I went to derby training feeling very nervous and unsure of myself. Friday night is Scrimmage night and was to be my first time being fully involved in training for about 6mths. I was nervous about my performance, and worried about my legs. I had prepared my legs by lathering on Deep Heat and wearing a set of knee high Skins.

Silly me :-)

Performance wise, there is plenty of room for improvement, but I did as well as can be expected. My legs...were fine!!!!! I was so incredibly happy. I skated off and on for two hours and had only the minor discomfort that goes with doing an intense exercise. Yay!!!! All the hard work of the last few weeks is paying off.

My next goal is the Tough Bloke (Chick) Challenge, so now my attention is on building up my upper body strength and getting my running going again. I have about 3.5 months to train for the 6km course. I believe it's split into a 3km run, 1km obstacles, 2km run.

I did the C25K Wk1 Day1 today (resulted in a 2.5km walk/jog) and struggled a little bit, but did complete it. I can feel a slight twinge in my right leg which indicates I need to stretch a bit more, but the shin splints are not an issue.

I have a physio appt tomorrow. Will have a chat about my exercise and stretches and maybe find out about strapping.

Titan - well, as I had discovered in previous dating experiences, 6wks is about how long it takes for the less pretty side of a person to come out. I have found he is a bit of a whiner. He is also as self-indulgent as I was, maybe more so as he will actually drive down late at night to get chocolate or coke, whereas I will only get it if I am out already. He wants to discuss my diet with me and tells me I shouldn't have had that meat pie yesterday even though I did more than enough exercise to allow myself it, yet he will eat an entire pizza even when he has not done any exercise for a couple days. I dislike hypocrites and I have said that to him a couple times (maybe his intention is for me to see it as support and encouragement, but I don't).

He is a big fan of the Snooze button, which I think is a waste of time and is just lying to yourself - you set the alarm for when you are going to get up, not for when you think you might get up.

He doesn't seem to remember when I tell him something. This could actually be a memory problem related to his coma. Example - he's been dating me for 6wks, I have attended the gym regularly in that time. The only day I go at 5.30am is on Mondays, because I have Little Boy at home all day and it's the only time I can fit it in. Every other day I go sometime during the day. I know Titan and I have talked about this, at least a couple of times, yet he texts me early this morning and asks me why I wasn't at the gym...another example - training on Fridays goes from 7-9pm. I have told him this a few times. I have told him I don't get home till at least 10pm. So he texts me Fri night and asks me what time I will be home...when I tell him, again, he whines about wanting to spend more time together.

So yeh, none of these are worth breaking up over, but they are irritants. I am happy with the amount of time we spend together, which is about two nights per week plus Sat. He would like more. He would also like to say the 'L' word, but is holding back cos he wants me to say it first. I'm not in a rush to do that.

Gah...relationships are hard work.

No comments: